Corba usage and help
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   awais_hussain
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 31, 2002 12:03 PM

Hello sir, i need to know about CORBA.First thing is that i have read and practically implemented JAVA and JSP.I have worked on them on a professional level. I mean to say i have enough command on my JAVA and JSP.Now i am considering to start working on CORBA.The point is can i jump directly on CORBA after JAVA and JSP.And second thing is that to run JSP, SERVLETS etc we need a server.like TOMCAT.do we need any server to run CORBA.If so then what is the name of the server and on which site i can find and download it.If it involves server configuration then do   More>>

Hello sir,

i need to know about CORBA.First thing
is that i have read and practically
implemented JAVA and JSP.I have worked
on them on a professional level.
I mean to say i have enough
command on my JAVA
and JSP.Now i am considering to start working
on CORBA.The point is can i jump directly
on CORBA after JAVA and JSP.And second thing
is that to run JSP, SERVLETS etc
we need
a server.like TOMCAT.do we need any server to
run CORBA.If so then what is the name of
the server and on which site
i can find
and download it.If it involves server configuration
then do send me the steps through which i can
configure my server.

And last but not the least recommend me
the best book for CORBA.The
book should take me to the professional
level coz it will be for the first time
i will work on CORBA.

I am using windows98.and windows2000.

Thanx

Awais

<<Less

Re: Corba usage and help

Posted By:   Lance_Hankins  
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 31, 2002 01:12 PM

If you are free to choose (and it sounds like you are), then I would not use CORBA at all. Much of the EJB (and J2EE) spec is based of what was learned in CORBA. In many respects, I would describe J2EE as the natural evolution of CORBA.

CORBA will still be useful if you need to integrate with Legacy non-java systems, but if you're starting from scratch, save yourself some pain and go with an all J2EE architecture.

As for books on CORBA, my favorites were "Enterprise CORBA" by Slama, Garbis & Russel and "Advanced CORBA Programming with C++". If you're just trying to get a high level picture of how the parts of CORBA fit together, "Instant CORBA" was a good book (though it has no implementation level details).

If you're free to pick and choose, take a look at JBOSS or Weblogic. JBOSS is an open source application server (free), Weblogic is a very good commercial application server.

Good Luck :)

About | Sitemap | Contact