java.net.URLConnection sends a GET instead of a POST when using the MRJ plugin for Netscape.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Aliasgar_Muchhala
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 30, 2002 10:13 PM

Hi, I have a java applet that posts requests to a URL (an ASP or an ISAPI DLL). I am using the "java.net.URLConnection" class to achieve this. And it works perfectly fine on Windows. However, if i run the same applet on netscape browser running on Macintosh (with an MRJ plugin installed), it seems to be sending a GET request instead of the POST. I know the problem is in the MRJ plugin and not in the applet, because the applet works fine without the plugin(using the browsers JVM) on the same Mac. My question is, is there a way by which i can enforce the Request method using the URLConnection class? I have tried calling the urlConnection.setRequestProperty("METHOD","POST") method, but it didnt work. Can    More>>

Hi,
I have a java applet that posts requests to a URL (an ASP or an ISAPI DLL). I am using the "java.net.URLConnection" class to achieve this. And it works perfectly fine on Windows. However, if i run the same applet on netscape browser running on Macintosh (with an MRJ plugin installed), it seems to be sending a GET request instead of the POST.

I know the problem is in the MRJ plugin and not in the applet, because the applet works fine without the plugin(using the browsers JVM) on the same Mac.

My question is, is there a way by which i can enforce the Request method using the URLConnection class? I have tried calling the urlConnection.setRequestProperty("METHOD","POST") method, but it didnt work. Can you please help.
P.S. I know that the java.net.HttpURLConnection class does let me specify the method, but HttpURLConection has its own complexities when it comes to "https" protocol. I dont want to increase my applet size by using HttpURLConnection.

Thanks and Regards,

--Aliasgar M.--

<<Less

Re: java.net.URLConnection sends a GET instead of a POST when using the MRJ plugin for Netscape.

Posted By:   Matt_Dilworth  
Posted On:   Friday, October 4, 2002 01:55 PM

I'm stuck on this one as well, been looking for days trying to find away around this MRJ bug. Did you ever figgure out a work around?
-Matt
About | Sitemap | Contact