Compiler Errors while accessing an EJB from a JSP page....
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, July 29, 2002 07:25 AM

< FONT FACE = "ARIAL" SIZE = "12"> Hello all, I'm trying to access a simple stateless Session bean with in a JSP. it's throwing some compiler errors. This is happening despite adding my staging directory to the WLS server classpath. please advise me. thanks in advance. the errors displayed in the browser.... Compilation of 'C:Documents and SettingspakupaLocal SettingsTempjsp_servlet\__test.java' failed: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- C:Documents and SettingspakupaLocal SettingsTempjsp_servlet\__test.java:114: cannot resolve symbol probably occurred due to an error in /Test.jsp line 55: ejbjsp.te   More>>

< FONT FACE = "ARIAL" SIZE = "12">
Hello all,

I'm trying to access a simple stateless Session bean with in a JSP. it's throwing some compiler errors. This is happening despite adding my staging directory to the WLS server classpath. please advise me.

thanks in advance.

the errors displayed in the browser....
Compilation of 'C:Documents and SettingspakupaLocal SettingsTempjsp_servlet\__test.java' failed:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C:Documents and SettingspakupaLocal SettingsTempjsp_servlet\__test.java:114: cannot resolve symbol
probably occurred due to an error in /Test.jsp line 55:
ejbjsp.test.CalculateTimeHome home = ( ejbjsp.test.CalculateTimeHome )PortableRemoteObject.narrow( obj, ejbjsp.test.CalculateTimeHome.class );

C:Documents and SettingspakupaLocal SettingsTempjsp_servlet\__test.java:114: cannot resolve symbol
ejbjsp.test.CalculateTimeHome home = ( ejbjsp.test.CalculateTimeHome )PortableRemoteObject.narrow( obj, ejbjsp.test.CalculateTimeHome.class );

C:Documents and SettingspakupaLocal SettingsTempjsp_servlet\__test.java:115: cannot resolve symbol
probably occurred due to an error in /Test.jsp line 56:
ejbjsp.test.CalculateTime remote = home.create();

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full compiler error(s):
symbol : class CalculateTimeHome
ejbjsp.test.CalculateTimeHome home = ( ejbjsp.test.CalculateTimeHome )PortableRemoteObject.narrow( obj, ejbjsp.test.CalculateTimeHome.class ); //[ /Test.jsp; Line: 55]
^
ejbjsp.test.CalculateTimeHome home = ( ejbjsp.test.CalculateTimeHome )PortableRemoteObject.narrow( obj, ejbjsp.test.CalculateTimeHome.class ); //[ /Test.jsp; Line: 55]
^
^
C:Documents and SettingspakupaLocal SettingsTempjsp_servlet\__test.java:115: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class CalculateTime
ejbjsp.test.CalculateTime remote = home.create(); //[ /Test.jsp; Line: 56]
^
4 errors

Mon Jul 29 16:09:16 CEST 2002

<<Less

Re: Compiler Errors while accessing an EJB from a JSP page....

Posted By:   daniel_walker  
Posted On:   Monday, July 29, 2002 09:42 PM

Hi-

I am not sure what you mean by staging area, but the usual place for classes needed by your JSP or servlets is either

• in one or more jars, in {yourapp}/WEB-INF/lib

• or as loose .class files, in {yourapp}/WEB-INF/classes

If your go the second route, you need to replicate the package path under classes (in your case it would be {yourapp/WEB-INF/classes/ejbjsp/test/*.class.

You can either build a WAR file to accomplish this, or copy files around by hand while you are developing/testing.

-Dan
About | Sitemap | Contact