What project I should do to learn XML, how to start to learn XML
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   David_Lee
Posted On:   Saturday, July 27, 2002 01:18 PM

I want to learn XML by doing a small project, something like implementing a web accessing database object model which uses some XML (am I wrong?). I am a Java programmer, but I don't know XML. How to start? Which direction should I go? Appreciate your help very much!

Re: What project I should do to learn XML, how to start to learn XML

Posted By:   irfan_mansha  
Posted On:   Monday, July 29, 2002 04:25 PM

First of all, Read my following article

http://www.topxml.com/code/?p=3&id=v20020708062914&ms=10&l=&sw=Allre

This will give u basic understanding of structure, XML structure and usage of XML. I have discussed more important issues of XML tech in this article. After basic understanding of XML tech u need to run sample programs which come with Java XML Pack www.java.sun.com/xml.

Now u will be able to develop XML based applications after strong background of this tech. U should develop an application which u have built already so that u can paractice and understand quickly.

If u r more dedicated developer then read XML patterns from www.xmlpatterns.com. They will give u the best approach to see XML tech. U have to read "Usage of XML" pattern especially.

www.ibm.com/developerworks is the best source on XML tech. It contains lot of good articles and research papers.

If u have patience then u should read also XML specification 1.0 at www.w3c.org.

To learn XML quickly, read ever best source www.w3cshools.com esepcially.

Resources:

www.java.sun./xml

www.xml.com

www.topxml.com

www.w3cshools.com

www.xml.org

www.w3c.org

I think it would be helpful for u. If u still need of my attention. u can contact me and feel free.

take care,

irfan mansha.
About | Sitemap | Contact