JDBC datasources on LDAP: "cn=testDS, ou=jdbc" OR "jdbc/testDS" ??
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anja_Schulz
Posted On:   Friday, July 26, 2002 03:52 PM

Hi jGurus! I want to store the information about JDBC datasources on an iPlanet Directory Server (LDAP), and not in the local filesystem. Let's say I want to bind my Datasource "testDS" on that LDAP server. I know that this works: ctx.bind("cn=testDS, ou=jdbc", myDataSource); The following code does NOT work for my setup: ctx.bind("jdbc/testDS", myDataSource); javax.naming.InvalidNameException: [LDAP: error code 34 - failed to add RDN values]; However, all JDBC tutorials that I have seen so far do only suggest the "/" syntax to delimit entries, in order to provide a standard i   More>>

Hi jGurus!

I want to store the information about JDBC datasources on an iPlanet Directory Server (LDAP), and not in the local filesystem. Let's say I want to bind my Datasource "testDS" on that LDAP server.

I know that this works:

ctx.bind("cn=testDS, ou=jdbc", myDataSource);

The following code does NOT work for my setup:

ctx.bind("jdbc/testDS", myDataSource);

javax.naming.InvalidNameException:

[LDAP: error code 34 - failed to add RDN values];

However, all JDBC tutorials that I have seen so far do only suggest the "/" syntax to delimit entries, in order to provide a standard interface no matter what service provider is used. IS THAT POSSIBLE ON AN LDAP SERVER?? If yes, how?

Thank you for your advice!!

-- Anja :-)    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact