NoSuchProviderException, Please help.......
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Friday, July 26, 2002 04:27 AM

Hi, i want to fetch the emails through pop3. My code is as under:- Properties prop=new Properties(); Session session=Session.getDefaultInstance(prop, null); Store store=session.getStore("pop3"); store.connect("192.168.0.111", "karar", "karar"); Folder folder=store.getFolder("INBOX"); Message message[]=folder.getMessages(); folder.open(Folder.READ_ONLY); for (int i=0, n=message.length; i { System.out.println(i + ": " + message[i].getFrom()[0] + " " + message[i].getSubject()); } folder.close(false); store.close();    More>>

Hi,

i want to fetch the emails through pop3. My code is as under:-

Properties prop=new Properties();

Session session=Session.getDefaultInstance(prop, null);

Store store=session.getStore("pop3");

store.connect("192.168.0.111", "karar", "karar");

Folder folder=store.getFolder("INBOX");

Message message[]=folder.getMessages();

folder.open(Folder.READ_ONLY);

for (int i=0, n=message.length; i

{

System.out.println(i + ": " + message[i].getFrom()[0] + " " + message[i].getSubject());

}

folder.close(false);

store.close();

i am getting exception at the following line;-

Store store=session.getStore("pop3");

Now the solution that will come into mind, is that pop server is not configured properly. This idea is not supported by the following logic, i think:-

Through outlook express, i am able to send mails within the local intranet. The mails are also received through the pop protocol. Through outlook express, I am able to send mail to karar@192.168.0.111, and can fetch mails by logging in with user name as "karar" and password as "karar". ip for incoming message is given as 192.168.0.111 and pop3 is used.

please help me sort out this problem as where can be the problem with my servlet.

<<Less

Re: NoSuchProviderException, Please help.......

Posted By:   vy_vy  
Posted On:   Friday, July 26, 2002 07:33 AM

Did you make sure that the JavaMail and JavaActivation Framework have been properly installed and are accessible in the path of your program?

Vy
About | Sitemap | Contact