Continual UnmarshalException problem
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Paul_Keeling
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 24, 2002 01:37 AM

The exception I am getting is the classic -- java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is: java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested exception is: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ProductImpl_Stub I have checked and rechecked my file and directory names, I have recompiled and re-RMIC-ed the stub class, I have started RMIRegistry in a directory which doesn't contain class files, I don't have an explicit CLASSPATH variable which is confusing RMIRegistry, I am starting the server with the -Djava.rmi.server.codebase pointing to the right place, and I have started again from scratch several times and still get the same result.    More>>

The exception I am getting is the classic --

java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested exception is:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ProductImpl_Stub

I have checked and rechecked my file and directory names, I have recompiled and re-RMIC-ed the stub class, I have started RMIRegistry in a directory which doesn't contain class files, I don't have an explicit CLASSPATH variable which is confusing RMIRegistry, I am starting the server with the -Djava.rmi.server.codebase pointing to the right place, and I have started again from scratch several times and still get the same result.

Clearly, either I'm doing something very basic wrong, or the software doesn't work.

I am using Tomcat4.0 LE, with Win 2000 and Java 1.4. I have JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME set as environment variables and I am not setting any classpath on the command line. Tomcat was initially reluctant to start but I found a rather crude way to fudge that and now it starts okay. (Perhaps therein lies the problem.)

I don't know whether this is an RMI or a Tomcat problem, but presumably there are lots of people who have experience of both, so hopefully somebody can help me out of this impossible and incredibly time-wasting problem!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact