dcsimg
How to extend char encoder / decoder of jdk 1.3
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   fox_fox
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 24, 2002 01:05 AM

Hi all java guru l need to make my web app support big5_hkscs. On the surface, it seems that there is no need to extend char encoder/decoder of jdk because it is inherently supported by JDK1.3. However, jdk1.3 doesn't support the conversion between the last version of big5_hkscs and unicode 3.0. In addition, new characters will be continously added to big5_hkscs. Some new characters of big5_hkscs will be mapped to the private user area of unicode 3.0. Therefore, l have a need to extend the char encoder and decoder of jdk1.3. It is very thankful if someone can advice me on how to do so / provide some useful info to me thx a ton Danny    More>>

Hi all java guru

l need to make my web app support big5_hkscs. On the surface, it seems
that there is no need to extend char encoder/decoder of jdk because it is inherently supported by JDK1.3. However, jdk1.3 doesn't support the conversion between the last version of big5_hkscs and unicode 3.0. In addition, new characters will be continously added to big5_hkscs. Some new characters of big5_hkscs will be mapped to the private user area of unicode 3.0. Therefore, l have a need to extend the char encoder and decoder of jdk1.3. It is very thankful if someone can advice me on how to do so / provide some useful info to me

thx a ton
Danny    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact