dcsimg
MAC's and Javascript
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Alan_Williams
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 23, 2002 08:41 AM

I am using a dynamic javascript menu, HV Menu 5.41. This script works really well on a PC, however, it takes a long time to load on a MAc. It does load, but in an unacceptable time frame. This is a scricpt on a School District Web page where a majority of our users are Mac users. This script can be found at dynamicdrive.com . I would appreciate any help or suggestions with this matter. Thanks.

Re: MAC's and Javascript

Posted By:   Ronnie_Kilsbo  
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 24, 2002 05:31 AM

What browsers are we talking about in the MAC's? As far as I'm concerned, this menu system is more than only JavaScript. It also contains DHTML which is the same as "don't use this" in my humble oppinion.

Sorry for being unspecific here, but I have encountered better menu systems than this, however I do not remember the name of it but they hade a specific chart on their website containing compability both with browser versions and operating systems.

I would recommend you to not use menu systems like these due to cross browser incompability issues. It can look good and at the same time work smoothly with gif's and minor javascript coding, when creating menus.

About | Sitemap | Contact