dcsimg
Multiple Receivers for a Single Queue
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sanjeev_Kasarabada
Posted On:   Monday, July 22, 2002 10:29 AM

Hi, I have a typical situation to handle here. I have a JMS Queue configured to receive persistent JMS Messages. All the message handling is done asynchronously. And we have only one receiver to handle each message(which is done by an MDB) which take a few hours to complete before it can take another one. So the other messages will be waiting in the Queue to be handled. I want to handle three unique messages at the same time without being waited in the queue. So my idea was to deploy the same MDB with different names so that they can process the messages at the same time. Is this is a good solution or is there a better way to handle this? I cannot use Pub/Sub since the each message should reach only one receiver.    More>>

Hi,

I have a typical situation to handle here. I have a JMS Queue configured to receive persistent JMS Messages.

All the message handling is done asynchronously. And we have only one receiver to handle each message(which is done by an MDB) which take a few hours to complete before it can take another one. So the other messages will be waiting in the Queue to be handled. I want to handle three unique messages at the same time without being waited in the queue.

So my idea was to deploy the same MDB with different names so that they can process the messages at the same time. Is this is a good solution or is there a better way to handle this? I cannot use Pub/Sub since the each message should reach only one receiver.

I am using Weblogic 6.1 Sp1.

Any suggstions are greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Sanjeev

<<Less

Re: Multiple Receivers for a Single Queue

Posted By:   Gautam_Marwaha  
Posted On:   Monday, July 22, 2002 10:22 PM

MDBs process "multiple" JMS messages asynchronously. If there are multiple messages in the queue to be consumed, multiple instances of the "same" MDB will consume the messages. So you do not need to deploy the same MDB multiple times.

You can provide suitable values for "max-beans-in-free-pool" and "initial-beans-in-free-pool" in weblogic xml descriptor for the MDB

About | Sitemap | Contact