Does J2EE have a Standard way for the isCallerinRole() role principal, and Role to be Set at the Container?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ajay_Balan
Posted On:   Thursday, July 18, 2002 09:41 AM

Hi all, I am trying to enforce programmatic access control in my bean/servlet and am trying to determine if there is a J2EE standard way to set the Current Principal and Role Assignments to the container. My understanding of the Spec is that, when a user logs (via a container enforced logon) the container determines the principal and Principal-Role mappings. It seems to me that eash continer vendor can do this in their own fashion. For Example, if we have users-Roles in a JDBC database, Tomcat uses a specific JDBCRealm implementation to do this. The Same database may not work with another AppServer. Is there a way around this? Ajay    More>>

Hi all,

I am trying to enforce programmatic access control in my bean/servlet and am trying to determine if there is a J2EE standard way to set the Current Principal and Role Assignments to the container.

My understanding of the Spec is that, when a user logs (via a container enforced logon) the container determines the principal and Principal-Role mappings.
It seems to me that eash continer vendor can do this in their own fashion.

For Example, if we have users-Roles in a JDBC database, Tomcat uses a specific JDBCRealm implementation to do this. The Same database may not work with another AppServer. Is there a way around this?

Ajay

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact