packageSubstitution seems very limited
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Adrian_Price
Posted On:   Thursday, July 18, 2002 07:43 AM

I've been trying to get XDoclet to generate interfaces in a different package. The bean classes are defined in com/mycompany/server/**/*Bean.java, but I want the interfaces to be generated to com/mycompany/api/**/*.java, for example: com.mycompany.server.somepackage.SomeBean com.mycompany.server.anotherpackage.AnotherBean com.mycompany.api.somepackage.Some com.mycompany.api.somepackage.SomeHome com.mycompany.api.anotherpackage.Another com.mycompany.api.anotherpackage.AnotherHome I tried using the following forms: Sadly, none of these forms had the desired effect. I feel the latter one   More>>

I've been trying to get XDoclet to generate interfaces in a different package. The bean classes are defined in com/mycompany/server/**/*Bean.java, but I want the interfaces to be generated to com/mycompany/api/**/*.java, for example:

com.mycompany.server.somepackage.SomeBean
com.mycompany.server.anotherpackage.AnotherBean

com.mycompany.api.somepackage.Some
com.mycompany.api.somepackage.SomeHome
com.mycompany.api.anotherpackage.Another
com.mycompany.api.anotherpackage.AnotherHome

I tried using the following forms:

Sadly, none of these forms had the desired effect. I feel the latter one especially should work, because ** is an Ant standard wildcard for package/directory recursion. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be most grateful. Thanks :)

<<Less

Re: packageSubstitution seems very limited

Posted By:   Ara_Abrahamian  
Posted On:   Friday, July 19, 2002 05:49 AM

Yes, it's a bit limited. Ant's ** notation is not supported. So if the package name *ends* with packages="server" then it's substituted with api for example, but not if the packages="server" is in the middle of the package name. Please file a feature request, and precisely describe what you want it to do. For now you can define the intf name with ejb:interface tag and define the exact package name there.

Ara.

About | Sitemap | Contact