Must set CLASSPATH to include xml jars on MacOS 10.1.5?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   John_Casebolt
Posted On:   Thursday, July 18, 2002 07:11 AM

Ant 1.5 compiled, worked great on redhat 7.2. Excited! Same build routine seemed to work (bootstrap shell build OK, correctly invoked the bootstrap ant to finish build) on MacOS 10.1 (using JDK 1.3.1). After setting ANT_HOME, trying to run ant gave me: BUILD FAILED Unable to load default ProjectHelper due to java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/SAXException Long story short: if I set CLASSPATH to include the xml jars in the build lib dir, all is well. Is this normal, or am I missing something? How does ant find the XML parser classes normally? Thanks, JC    More>>

Ant 1.5 compiled, worked great on redhat 7.2. Excited!

Same build routine seemed to work (bootstrap shell build OK, correctly invoked the bootstrap ant to finish build) on MacOS 10.1 (using JDK 1.3.1).

After setting ANT_HOME, trying to run ant gave me:

BUILD FAILED
Unable to load default ProjectHelper due to java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/SAXException

Long story short: if I set CLASSPATH to include the xml jars in the build lib dir, all is well.

Is this normal, or am I missing something? How does ant find the XML parser classes normally?

Thanks,
JC    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact