dcsimg
Where to set the DataSource Values? How to use DataSource and RowSet Objects??
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Shridhar_N
Posted On:   Thursday, July 18, 2002 04:14 AM

Hello Friends Can any one please tell me the Following This is what i understand from the docs 1) If i want to use the DataSource, first i have to bind() the context Object ("key", "Value") and then we have to lookup() with the same context object which returns a DataSource Object and then use it to get the connection. If i am not wrong while binding we have to give the DriverName, UserName and Password for accessing a particular DataBase. Where i have to set these, (I am using jdk1.3 , Tomcat and MS SQL 2000). Please give me the path where these all have to be set and what all have to be set.... 2) How to use the RowSet Object?? .... Is it linked with the DataSource Object??    More>>

Hello Friends

Can any one please tell me the Following

This is what i understand from the docs

1) If i want to use the DataSource, first i have to bind() the context Object ("key", "Value") and then we have to lookup() with the same context object which returns a DataSource Object and then use it to get the connection. If i am not wrong while binding we have to give the DriverName, UserName and Password for accessing a particular DataBase.
Where i have to set these, (I am using jdk1.3 , Tomcat and MS SQL 2000).
Please give me the path where these all have to be set and what all have to be set....

2) How to use the RowSet Object?? .... Is it linked with the DataSource Object??

Please Reply with an Example..... for both

Thanx in Advance...

Shridhar..

<<Less

Re: Where to set the DataSource Values? How to use DataSource and RowSet Objects??

Posted By:   Gautam_Marwaha  
Posted On:   Thursday, July 18, 2002 05:05 AM

refer to tomcat docs for configuring datasources. Also see Tomcat FAQ

Impl of javax.sql.Rowset interface may be part of your driver. If not you can get rowset distribution from http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess. If you are using a webapp, drop the rowset impl classes in WEB-INF/lib
About | Sitemap | Contact