dcsimg
Applet or JSP?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jon_Lau
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 17, 2002 09:13 AM

I have a more design oriented question. I have a system that I type in strings and click on various things, and these get submitted to a servlet. The servlet then dispatches the info to a legacy system that operates asynchronously. Right now, I am using an applet to continuous poll the servlet to see if there is new data around and then to display the new data. The data that is returned is sometimes in different languages. So I have a couple of questions: 1) Is there a better way to do this other than polling from the applet? 2) Should I use JSP instead of an applet since it is much easier to format? 3) Does JSP support Chinese? Thanks    More>>

I have a more design oriented question. I have a system that I type in strings and click on various things, and these get submitted to a servlet. The servlet then dispatches the info to a legacy system that operates asynchronously.

Right now, I am using an applet to continuous poll the servlet to see if there is new data around and then to display the new data. The data that is returned is sometimes in different languages. So I have a couple of questions:

1) Is there a better way to do this other than polling from the applet?

2) Should I use JSP instead of an applet since it is much easier to format?

3) Does JSP support Chinese?

Thanks

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact