JVM question
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   pawcio_kowalski
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 17, 2002 08:04 AM

Hello, does anybody know if it is posible to set Java graphical elements in CMDIChildWindow. I suppose it should be written some extra dll library but I've no idea what (native) functions should be overwritten and what parameters on the C and Java site used. Thetefore I've been trying to use an CHtmlView and run applets in it. However I can't load them when I add to my aplication jvm.lib. I can not use method like JNI_CreateJavaVM or JNI_GetCreatedJavaVMs . I get a message "Attachment to a running Virtual Machine failed". Does anybody know what is wrong? Can I run in my aplication at the same time VM and any applets? Is it posible to writte an application which integrate so strong Visual C++ a   More>>

Hello,

does anybody know if it is posible to set Java graphical elements in CMDIChildWindow. I suppose it should be written some extra dll library but I've no idea what (native) functions should be overwritten and what parameters on the C and Java site used.

Thetefore I've been trying to use an CHtmlView and run applets in it. However I can't load them when I add to my aplication jvm.lib. I can not use method like JNI_CreateJavaVM or JNI_GetCreatedJavaVMs . I get a message "Attachment to a running Virtual Machine failed". Does anybody know what is wrong? Can I run in my aplication at the same time VM and any applets?

Is it posible to writte an application which integrate so strong Visual C++ and Java?

Thanks in advance for Your help

pawcio

<<Less

Re: JVM question

Posted By:   Alexander_Krapf  
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 23, 2002 04:43 PM

Pawcio,

I have done that as a paid-for consulting solution. It has not been fun but it can be done. I wrote an integration package for JDK 1.2.2 and I know that it does not work as is with a later JVM. I am sure it could be ported but it would always be JVM specific.

I got pretty much everything to work that the customer wanted, but it took some heavy hacking.

Contact me (remove dashes from a-l-e-x@c-o-d-e-m-e-s-h.com) if you're interested in a non-free solution. Last time I did it, I did it without a success guarantee and on a time-and-materials basis and I wouldn't touch it otherwise (shudder).

For some people, the ActiveX plugin might work too, but it has severe refresh and cursor problems.

Regards,

Alex

About | Sitemap | Contact