Program scans the RS232-port for barcodes. now I have to return the scanned codes to another program ... Help!
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Wesley_Niemegeerts
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 17, 2002 01:26 AM

I have written a program that runs in the background and scans the RS232-port for barcodes. It works perfectly, but now I have to return the scanned codes to another program ... I wanted to work via the keyboardbuffer, so that it could be returned in all running programs(into a textfield). I'm searching for a couple of days now, but java doesn't seems to have a way to return a value to the keyboardbuffer nor returing a value to another program. Does anybody know how to access the keyboardbuffer or how to send a value into a textfield of another program... expl. : A person scans a barcode, my program catches the scan and returns it to an active program like notepad. thanx,    More>>

I have written a program that runs in the background and scans the RS232-port for barcodes.

It works perfectly, but now I have to return the scanned codes to another program ...

I wanted to work via the keyboardbuffer, so that it could be returned in all running programs(into a textfield).

I'm searching for a couple of days now, but java doesn't seems to have a way to return a value to the keyboardbuffer nor returing a value to another program.

Does anybody know how to access the keyboardbuffer or how to send a value into a textfield of another program...

expl. : A person scans a barcode, my program catches the scan and returns it to an active program like notepad.

thanx,

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact