Waltzing with bears
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   matthew_magliocca
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 16, 2002 10:16 PM

Ok so I made up the title just to get attention. PLEASE HELP ME. MY DEADLINE IS PAST! I am having tremendous trouble with my applet game. I'm making my applet class implement runnable and creating a thread like so Thread t = new Thread(this); t.start(); However run() does not seem to execute. I'm run it in an appletviewer and everything works. If I open it in a browser but not through TOMCAT it works part way. RUN stalls quickly. In TOMCAT it doesn't work at all. The only thing that works consistently is init(). Run basicly just does animation. It takes Images, and continually calls repaint to move them around. I use a double buffer technique (painting images on t   More>>

Ok so I made up the title just to get attention. PLEASE HELP ME. MY DEADLINE IS PAST!

I am having tremendous trouble with my applet game. I'm making my applet class implement runnable and creating a thread like so

Thread t = new Thread(this);

t.start();

However run() does not seem to execute. I'm run it in an appletviewer and everything works. If I open it in a browser but not through TOMCAT it works part way. RUN stalls quickly. In TOMCAT it doesn't work at all.
The only thing that works consistently is init().

Run basicly just does animation. It takes Images, and continually calls repaint to move them around. I use a double buffer technique (painting images on the buffer then painting the buffer to the screen in the paint() ).

It also has trouble getting images, should I use getCodeBase or getDocumentBase()? My images are in a folder in the same directory as my applet.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact