dcsimg
Tomcat won't start with startup.sh
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   admin_istrator
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 16, 2002 10:03 AM

I have recently installed Tomcat 4.0.3 on a Solaris 7 machine. Since the installation, I have been unable to start it through the startup.sh script. Each time I execute the script, the following is displayed: Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3 Using CATALINA_HOME: /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3 Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3/temp Using JAVA_HOME: /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0 But the service never runs and only leaves the following error entry in the catalina.out file. Error: failed /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/jre/lib/sparc/client/libjvm.so, because ld.so.1: /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/bin/java: fatal: relocation er   More>>

I have recently installed Tomcat 4.0.3 on a Solaris 7 machine.

Since the installation, I have been unable to start it through the startup.sh script.

Each time I execute the script, the following is displayed:

Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3
Using CATALINA_HOME: /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3/temp
Using JAVA_HOME: /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0

But the service never runs and only leaves the following error entry in the catalina.out file.

Error: failed /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/jre/lib/sparc/client/libjvm.so, because ld.so.1: /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/bin/java: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/loc
al/j2sdk1.4.0/jre/lib/sparc/client/libjvm.so: symbol __1cG__CrunSregister_exit_code6FpG_v_v_: referenced symbol not found

I have no idea what it means and I would appreciate any pointers.    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact