dcsimg
250 OK message in MessagingException
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Will_Wright
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 16, 2002 02:46 AM

I am developing an adaptor application that connects to an exchange sever using javamail. Basically, I am getting a session object, obtainingn a Transport object from this and connecting it to the server. Finally when a message is received by the adaptor from another process it formats the message and calls sendMessage() to send the email to specified addresses. This all works fine and it will send as many messages as I give it EXCEPT if I leave it for ten minutes and then give it another message. The connection appears to be dropped as I initially get a '250 OK' to the MAIL command, BUT this is thrown as a messaging exception from Javamail. If I call transport connect and then send, it all works    More>>

I am developing an adaptor application that connects to an exchange sever using javamail.

Basically, I am getting a session object, obtainingn a Transport object from this and connecting it to the server. Finally when a message is received by the adaptor from another process it formats the message and calls sendMessage() to send the email to specified addresses.

This all works fine and it will send as many messages as I give it EXCEPT if I leave it for ten minutes and then give it another message. The connection appears to be dropped as I initially get a '250 OK' to the MAIL command, BUT this is thrown as a messaging exception from Javamail.

If I call transport connect and then send, it all works fine again. It looks like the exchange server is dropping my connection - but why do i get the 250 OK and no kind of useful message????

thanks for any help!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact