dcsimg
Deploying two applications using different servlet/JSP/html pages versions
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Friday, July 12, 2002 10:42 AM

Hi to all! How can I deploy my applications that use the same servlets, JSP or html pages but represent two steps in the development? For example: two different version of the same application use all the same resources/code but can have different presentation. The first version run as the root application, its context is "". The second one: I tried defining a new context (e.g. /test) inside the webapps folder and I added a web.xml file (in WEB_INF subfolder). The problem arise when I try to read the welcome page: it uses the correct servlet but loads wrong images (may be due to the absolute path used) and subsequently uses the JSP and servlet belonging the first version (/servlet/... and /jsp/...). How can    More>>

Hi to all!
How can I deploy my applications that use the same servlets, JSP or html pages but represent two steps in the development?
For example: two different version of the same application use all the same resources/code but can have different presentation.
The first version run as the root application, its context is "".
The second one: I tried defining a new context (e.g. /test) inside the webapps folder and I added a web.xml file (in WEB_INF subfolder).
The problem arise when I try to read the welcome page: it uses the correct servlet but loads wrong images (may be due to the absolute path used) and subsequently uses the JSP and servlet belonging the first version (/servlet/... and /jsp/...).
How can I solve it?
We develop with VAJ 3.5.3 and 4.0, using WTE as test environment and all the links between servlet and JSP starts with "/".
Thanks a lot, Alberto

P.S.
The following represents my web.xml file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">

invoker_test

org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet

invoker_test

/test/servlet/*

jsp_test
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet

logVerbosityLevel
WARNING

jsp_test