Remote debug - any way to prevent all threads suspending?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Graham_Dunlop
Posted On:   Thursday, July 11, 2002 05:53 AM

Hi, I have setup IDEA to connect to a remote JVM so I can perform remote debugging of a web application. The start script for the remote JVM (Tomcat) contains the following options:- -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5000 Remote debugging works fine, but when a breakpoint is encountered _all_ server threads are suspended. If I have a breakpoint in a servlet doGet, I'd like it to only suspend the thread(s) associated with requests to that servlet. Is the any way to do this? Regards, Graham    More>>

Hi,

I have setup IDEA to connect to a remote JVM so I can perform remote debugging of a web application.

The start script for the remote JVM (Tomcat) contains the following options:-

-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5000

Remote debugging works fine, but when a breakpoint is encountered _all_ server threads are suspended. If I have a breakpoint in a servlet doGet, I'd like it to only suspend the thread(s) associated with requests to that servlet. Is the any way to do this?

Regards,

Graham

<<Less

Re: Remote debug - any way to prevent all threads suspending?

Posted By:   Stanislav_Davydov  
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 6, 2002 08:41 AM

Hello!

Here is the useful link about IDEA and Tomcat integrating: http://www.phasesoft.com/articles/tomcat4idea/.

Best regards,
Stanislav
About | Sitemap | Contact