dcsimg
Servlet working with legacy jar's
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jon_Lau
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 10, 2002 02:12 PM

I have a servlet that needs to be placed in this directory so that it is accessible by my applet via the web. However, the servlet needs to call three jar packages that are located in another directory. There's a legacy makefile that allows me to make everything fine if I place all the files in the legacy directory, but then my servlet is inaccessible. However, I can't just move the servlet class after making because then I get a file not found error in my applet. Is there some way that I can have my servlet in one directory, my legacy jars in another directory, and my applet in another directory, and compile them so that they all know each other exist and can use the methods in each other? I've been playing wi   More>>

I have a servlet that needs to be placed in this directory so that it is accessible by my applet via the web. However, the servlet needs to call three jar packages that are located in another directory. There's a legacy makefile that allows me to make everything fine if I place all the files in the legacy directory, but then my servlet is inaccessible. However, I can't just move the servlet class after making because then I get a file not found error in my applet.

Is there some way that I can have my servlet in one directory, my legacy jars in another directory, and my applet in another directory, and compile them so that they all know each other exist and can use the methods in each other?

I've been playing with this for 3 days now, and I've asked everyone working here but they can't seem to help. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Rgds,

Jon

<<Less

Re: Servlet working with legacy jar's

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Thursday, July 11, 2002 07:38 AM

Can you put them into a webapplication context (meaning, are you deploying to an up to date application server, where you can give it a WAR file), so the JAR files go in the WEB-INF/lib directory? Or are you stuck (as we were, a while ago) with something like an old JRun server, that predates the WAR file/web-application context standard, and requires the servlet to go under a global "servlets" directory?

About | Sitemap | Contact