dcsimg
JCE in VAJ
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Stephen_Johnson
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 10, 2002 08:41 AM

I am trying to us JCE in VAJ. I have a small test program that I can get to run outside of VAJ by copying the jce1_2_1.jar, local_policy.jar, sunjce_provider.jar, and US_export_policy.jar files to C:jdk1.2.2jrelibext and by adding security.provider.2=com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE to the java.security file.

Where do I put these files to be able to run my application within VAJ?

Thanks,

Stephen

Re: JCE in VAJ

Posted By:   Eric_Rizzo  
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 10, 2002 08:37 PM

Please see How does VAJ handle compile time and runtime classpath? How do I specify the classpath and/or use third-party libraries in VAJ? for details on using third-party libraries in VAJ. You will most likely have to import at least part of the JARs in order to get your code to compile. The JARs can be added to the runtime classpath described in that FAQ to get the rest of the classes.

As for the java.security file, I would speculate that VAJ's VM has the same file somewhere, too. I'm not familiar with JCE, so I can't say exactly where VAJ might try to locate it, but you can try just searching under you VAJ installation for an existing version. Where does the JCE documentation tell you to put it? Can you set a system property instead of adding a line to the java.security file?

About | Sitemap | Contact