SSL Troubles... Tomcat 4.0.1, FreeBSD 4.5, JRE 1.4
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Pedro_Mata
Posted On:   Friday, July 5, 2002 10:26 AM

SYSTEM SETUP: Tomcat 4.0.1 FreeBSD 4.5 (w/ Linux Kernal Support) Java JRE 1.4 PROBLEM: SSL configured with a publicly signed cert in the keystore as described by the Tomcat SSL-Config instructions provided by Apache/Jakarta. The configuration has been tested using Tomcat 4.0.1 on a WinXP box and SSL works correctly. The same server.xml file on 2 seperate FreeBSD boxes does not work. DEDUCTIONS SO FAR: - Tested the SSL being served off the Unix box using a text browser (LINKS) and the SSL connected and served the site. - My keystore has the proper CA Root cert installed in the path. - Tomcat IS running as ROOT.    More>>
SYSTEM SETUP:

Tomcat 4.0.1
FreeBSD 4.5 (w/ Linux Kernal Support)
Java JRE 1.4

PROBLEM:

SSL configured with a publicly signed cert in the keystore as described by the Tomcat SSL-Config instructions provided by Apache/Jakarta. The configuration has been tested using Tomcat 4.0.1 on a WinXP box and SSL works correctly. The same server.xml file on 2 seperate FreeBSD boxes does not work.

DEDUCTIONS SO FAR:

- Tested the SSL being served off the Unix box using a text browser (LINKS) and the SSL connected and served the site.
- My keystore has the proper CA Root cert installed in the path.
- Tomcat IS running as ROOT.
- If I turn off SSL 3.0 support in IE, the catalina.out file conatins the following error: Cannot Negotiate SSL v2.0 TcpHandShake Failed
- The Cert I am using is signed by GeoTrust (i.e. Equifax), and is a "wildcard" cert (i.e. it will support *.domain.com"). Remeber the cert works perfect on my windows test box.

Please Advise (no one has been able to solve this yet). I would be willing to open my box up for some outside help.

Thanks,
Pedro    <<Less

Re: SSL Troubles... Tomcat 4.0.1, FreeBSD 4.5, JRE 1.4

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Friday, July 5, 2002 02:18 PM

Pedro,

I am running Tomcat 4.0.3 + Linux JDK 1.4 + Mod_Webapps on FreeBSD 4.6 with no problems. The SSL can be a bit tricky and left it upto the Apache webserver to handle all the SSL via the mod_webapp and let tomcat only handle the .jsp. If you need some assistance in getting this to work just let me know. I will need to see how you are setting up your enviroment for the JAVA_HOME , TOMCAT_HOME and also which linux_base you are using 6 / 7 and are you using the binary distribution of the jdk or the port build linux jdk1.4.

Thanks

Jps
jps@spamsucks.funeralexchange.com
remove spamsucks
About | Sitemap | Contact