dcsimg
JMS Transaction Timeout Problems
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sanjeev_Kasarabada
Posted On:   Monday, July 1, 2002 10:49 AM

Hi, We are currently using Weblogic 6.1 Sp1 appliction for our Messaging Infrastructure. In our system we have a MDB which does a bunch of JDBC stuff in the onMessage() . The data gets committed properly but we are getting transaction timeout problems for some reason which I am not clear and the data is getting saved 5 times since we set the redelivery limit to 5. So I am not sure is this timeout had to with the onMessage() method. It is a container managed MDB and has "Requires" as transaction attribute. Is there a way to find out why it is redelivering it 5 times even though the data is committed in each time? Does it have to do with the AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE stuff?May be the server is not getting the acknowledgem   More>>

Hi,

We are currently using Weblogic 6.1 Sp1 appliction for our Messaging Infrastructure. In our system we have a MDB which does a bunch of JDBC stuff in the onMessage() . The data gets committed properly but we are getting transaction timeout problems for some reason which I am not clear and the data is getting saved 5 times since we set the redelivery limit to 5. So I am not sure is this timeout had to with the onMessage() method.

It is a container managed MDB and has "Requires" as transaction attribute.
Is there a way to find out why it is redelivering it 5 times even though the data is committed in each time? Does it have to do with the AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE stuff?May be the server is not getting the acknowledgement from the MDB?

Is there a way we can set the timeout to a like 3600secs or something?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
Thanx,
Sanjeev

<<Less

Re: JMS Transaction Timeout Problems

Posted By:   Gautam_Marwaha  
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 2, 2002 01:39 AM

Probable cause for timeout taking place is that you are calling session.close() WITHIN onMessage() AND you have set AllowCloseInOnMessage="false". You shd either set this to "true" or move the call to session.close() outside onMessage().

BTW, default txn timeout in WLS is 3600 seconds. Using AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE is fine.

About | Sitemap | Contact