dcsimg
Regular Expression Problems:
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Saurabh_Johri
Posted On:   Monday, July 1, 2002 08:44 AM

Hi, I'm having the following problem with using regular expressions in util.regex: I have 2 Strings: String regex = "tree\s\w{1,4}.+\s=\s(.*;)"; String regrex1 = "\$1"; The problem that i'm having is that i am looking for the first regular expression (regex) in a String called editorEx, this part works fine, and the output says : " Parent RE recognised in Editor" .. However, the problems comes when i look for the second regular expression (regrex1) within the first regular expression (regrex) .. this should work because the first regular expression(regrex) has a capturing group, that i reference in regrex1, however this does not seem to work. The code   More>>

Hi,

I'm having the following problem with using regular expressions in util.regex:

I have 2 Strings:

String regex = "tree\s\w{1,4}.+\s=\s(.*;)";
String regrex1 = "\$1";

The problem that i'm having is that i am looking for the first regular expression (regex) in a String called editorEx, this part works fine, and the output says : " Parent RE recognised in Editor" ..

However, the problems comes when i look for the second regular expression (regrex1) within the first regular expression (regrex) .. this should work because the first regular expression(regrex) has a capturing group, that i reference in regrex1, however this does not seem to work.

The code i have so far is as follows, I hope that someone will be able to spot a glaring mistake!?!

Thanks very much for any assistance!

/*--------------------------------------------------------*/

pattern p = Pattern.compile(regrex);
Matcher m = p.matcher(editorEx);

boolean result = m.find();

if (result) {
JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "Parent RE = recognised in editor);

String product = m.group(1);
}

else if(!result){
JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "Parent RE = NOT recognised in editor);

}