dcsimg
How to control printer
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   HARIHARAN_Pushpavanam
Posted On:   Saturday, June 29, 2002 08:14 PM

We are developing a Accounting package for Private company in chennai.We are using Java- swing as the Front End and MS-Access as the backend. In the process of creating the reports we aren't using any reporting tools because all the reporting tools are not supporting dot matrix printer,the company wants the printer to be dot matrix only. In this case we have wrote on separate class which takes an array of the values to be printed a txt file is created and the created text file is printed to the printer using Dos command type filename.txt > prn . Now my problem is since we are printing the txt file using the dos command we aren't able to use java.awt.print Api and we aren't able to control the printer and it's setting from    More>>

We are developing a Accounting package for Private company in chennai.We are using Java- swing as the Front End and MS-Access as the backend.
In the process of creating the reports we aren't using any reporting tools because all the reporting tools are not supporting dot matrix printer,the company wants the printer to be dot matrix only.

In this case we have wrote on separate class which takes an array of the values to be printed a txt file is created and the created text file is printed to the printer using Dos command type filename.txt > prn .

Now my problem is since we are printing the txt file using the dos command we aren't able to use java.awt.print Api and we aren't able to control the printer and it's setting from my java program.
Before printing the file i want to take the printer header to the first line of the paper.
And also i want to print the Company name in the Bold letters(some what bigger font )than the report data.

pls any one help me and this is very urgent

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact