Session sharing between Contexts
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   John_Baker
Posted On:   Friday, June 28, 2002 08:15 AM

Hello. I'm not a newbie to Tomcat or Java. I've read a few of the various suggestions for sharing session data between Contexts, but nothing has actually answered the question that most people seem to be asking: - Is there a way for the *same* session object to be used between *one different contexts*? So, is there a way? Maybe by writing your own Valve? It would seem very handy to be able to do this when you're not bothered about cross Context security because you're in an environment where the server is run just for yourself. For example, I have multiple Contexts and I want all this to fit in one root context (ie bits of the root refer to another Context). I want a user to sign on (not via http authentication, I use a compan   More>>

Hello.

I'm not a newbie to Tomcat or Java. I've read a few of the various suggestions for sharing session data between Contexts, but nothing has actually answered the question that most people seem to be asking:

- Is there a way for the *same* session object to be used between *one different contexts*?

So, is there a way? Maybe by writing your own Valve? It would seem very handy to be able to do this when you're not bothered about cross Context security because you're in an environment where the server is run just for yourself. For example, I have multiple Contexts and I want all this to fit in one root context (ie bits of the root refer to another Context). I want a user to sign on (not via http authentication, I use a company/user/password combination) and I need to share objects in the session between all three contexts.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Cheers

John Baker

<<Less

Re: Session sharing between Contexts

Posted By:   John_Baker  
Posted On:   Friday, June 28, 2002 08:15 AM

Bah, make that:

*one OR MORE different contexts*.

It makes more sense that way ;-)
About | Sitemap | Contact