dcsimg
How to communicate with db2 through JSP files using tomcat web server ?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   sanjay_kumar
Posted On:   Friday, June 28, 2002 03:05 AM

What are the steps to configure my db2 7.2 enterprise edition for the jdbc connectivity with jsp files running on linux plateform.I am using TOMCAT web server I am working with TOMCAT 4.0.3,db2 7.2 enterprise edition and jsp on linux. On running a jsp file that can establish connection with database & can select data from it,it gives javax:exception saying that COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver not found Can any body suggest any method (step by step ) to configure my db2.So that i can establish the connection. Do i need to download jdbc driver. But IBM's site says that it is integrated with the db2 package. I am really in trouble. Please reply me soon.    More>>

What are the steps to configure my db2 7.2 enterprise edition for the jdbc connectivity with jsp files running on linux plateform.I am using TOMCAT web server

I am working with TOMCAT 4.0.3,db2 7.2 enterprise edition and jsp on linux.

On running a jsp file that can establish connection with database & can select data from it,it gives javax:exception
saying that COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver not found

Can any body suggest any method (step by step ) to configure my db2.So that i can establish the connection.
Do i need to download jdbc driver. But IBM's site says that it is integrated with the db2 package.
I am really in trouble.
Please reply me soon.

Sanjay

<<Less

Re: How to communicate with db2 through JSP files using tomcat web server ?

Posted By:   jason_gibson  
Posted On:   Friday, June 28, 2002 04:12 AM

Sanjay,

You need db2java.zip in your classpath. You can modify the catilina.bat file to include a path to it. DB2 should have been installed in something like D:SQLLIB (or wherever). Find the installation directory, then go into the java directory, and copy db2java.zip and put it somewhere in Tomcat. The problem I had with Tomcat is that it is a zip file, and was never apparently used (although I assume it would have been, had it been given a .jar extension..) This is assuming you are on Win32, which you are not... but the same should apply for linux.

Anyway, get the file, and make sure Tomcat can see it!

-=J
About | Sitemap | Contact