How can I refresh and/or test a lost Connection Pool from BEA Weblogic 6 (to IBM DB/2)
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Oliver_Wolff
Posted On:   Thursday, June 27, 2002 03:12 PM

I use an stateless session enterprise java bean and a JDBC Connection Pool to a IBM DB/2. If the connection to the DBMS is lost, the application server is still running, but the bean nevertheless does not recognized that and runs and runs. There will be no Exception thrown. How can I configure in a 3-tier-architecture the bean, that this will be known of it or as alternative the application server. The Bean is stopped every time at line 4. My scenario is to start the application server successfully with connect to the DB/2, then cut off the network connection an start the client, to connect to the EJB. My Bean-Source 1 try 2 { 3 Class.forName(JDBC_DRIVER).newInstance();    More>>

I use an stateless session enterprise java bean and a JDBC Connection Pool to a IBM DB/2. If the connection to the DBMS is lost, the application server is still running, but the bean nevertheless does not recognized that and runs and runs. There will be no Exception thrown.

How can I configure in a 3-tier-architecture the bean, that this will be known of it or as alternative the application server. The Bean is stopped every time at line 4. My scenario is to start the application server successfully with connect to the DB/2, then cut off the network connection an start the client, to connect to the EJB.

My Bean-Source

1 try

2 {

3 Class.forName(JDBC_DRIVER).newInstance();

4 conn = DriverManager.getConnection(JDBC_CONNECTION_POOL, null);

5 ...catch...

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact