wildcards in struts-config.xml or multiple paths to an action
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jonathan_Bourgeois
Posted On:   Thursday, June 27, 2002 08:31 AM

Hi all, I am working on an application that will be utilized by multiple clients. Each client has a different look and feel, but the underlying functionality remains the same. The structure looks something like the following: /client1/login.jsp /client1/admin/changeprofile.jsp ... /client2/login.jsp /client2/admin/... Is it possible to do something like the following in the struts-config.xml file: If not, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can accomplish what I'm trying to do? I suppose I could use virtual hosts with the apache web server to map requests from say, www.client1.com to /docroot/client1/... but    More>>

Hi all,

I am working on an application that will be utilized by multiple clients. Each client has a different look and feel, but the underlying functionality remains the same. The structure looks something like the following:

/client1/login.jsp

/client1/admin/changeprofile.jsp

/client2/login.jsp

/client2/admin/...

Is it possible to do something like the following in the struts-config.xml file:

If not, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can accomplish what I'm trying to do? I suppose I could use virtual hosts with the apache web server to map requests from say, www.client1.com to /docroot/client1/... but I'm looking for other solutions if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Jon

<<Less

Re: wildcards in struts-config.xml or multiple paths to an action

Posted By:   Jonathan_Bourgeois  
Posted On:   Thursday, June 27, 2002 10:09 AM

I rebuilt my application structure to keep all the jsp pages on the top level, and I put client specific look and feel information in directories underneath. I now utilize the client name when the user logs on to find which look and feel subset to use.

Still curious if wildcards can be used, though...

Jon

About | Sitemap | Contact