dcsimg
Capture video to disk
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   George_Koumanos
Posted On:   Thursday, June 27, 2002 06:37 AM

Hello All! I’m writing an application that displays video streamed live from a network camera (IP camera if you know). I cannot use JMF as I have to embed an ActiveX control in the application to support the different functions and control the camera properties. The problem is that this ActiveX controller is not that perfect and doesn’t support video recording to disk. Is there any way to: 1) Embed the ActiveX controller in JMF and use JMF’s tool to record or 2) Specify coordinates of the application panel (the coordinates of the ActiveX viewer) and capture this square into a video file to disk or ... anything else you can think ;)    More>>
Hello All!

I’m
writing an application that displays video streamed live from a network camera
(IP camera if you know). I cannot use JMF as I have to embed an ActiveX control
in the application to support the different functions and control the camera
properties.

The
problem is that this ActiveX controller is not that perfect and doesn’t support
video recording to disk. Is there any way to:

1) Embed the ActiveX controller in JMF and use JMF’s tool to record

or

2) Specify coordinates of the application panel (the coordinates of the ActiveX
viewer) and capture this square into a video file to disk

or

... anything else you can think ;)

Thanks a lot!

George

<<Less

Re: Capture video to disk

Posted By:   David_Herron  
Posted On:   Friday, July 19, 2002 10:04 PM

For using the ActiveX thing in Java, would JAWT be suitable? JAWT was new to 1.3 and is a way to connect a native graphics library into Java. What you do is create a Component subclass whose paint method is declared native, and the JAWT support arranges for this to work well in conjunction with the rest of Java. I don't know/remember enough about ActiveX to tell whether JAWT would work for you.

- David
About | Sitemap | Contact