Memory Consumption with SOAP
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Srinath_Mani
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 26, 2002 10:31 AM

Hi All, I'm currently analyzing Apache SOAP for one of our projects. My question revolves around the memory required to encode the byte[] (that has to be streamed throught the protocol) and the creation of the SOAP Request encapsulating the same. I did a study on the same and the following are the results.. To Stream a byte[] of size around 13MB it takes a min. of 170MB. Is this normal..? I feel that to have a 13MB file, it should not be more than 3 to 4 times the file size...., taking into consideration the encoding and the creation of the SOAP Request. But here its almost 13 times... Can someone please throw some light on the memory consumption on the client   More>>

Hi All,
I'm currently analyzing Apache SOAP for one of our projects.

My question revolves around the memory required to encode the byte[] (that has to be streamed throught the protocol) and the creation of the SOAP Request encapsulating the same.

I did a study on the same and the following are the results..

To Stream a byte[] of size around 13MB it takes a min. of 170MB.

Is this normal..?

I feel that to have a 13MB file, it should not be more than 3 to 4 times the file size...., taking into consideration the encoding and the creation of the SOAP Request. But here its almost 13 times...

Can someone please throw some light on the memory consumption on the client and the server required by SOAP.
Any pointers to the docs... will also be useful.

Thanks,

Srinath

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact