dcsimg
Sharing a project with different developers
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Thomas_Kreiss
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 25, 2002 12:07 AM

We have a problem sharing a project with different developers via CVS. Especially the CVS integration seems not suitable to share projects. Due to the fact that the CVS client path is a project property and the local CVS installation on every computer maybe different, makes it impossible to work with the same ipr file. The CVS client path (and also the diff program configuration) should be a local property.

Does there exist a workaround to fix this problem (maybe a variable for the project file like $PROJECT_DIR$)?

Re: Sharing a project with different developers

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 3, 2002 06:32 AM

I have run into the same problem.

Intellij seems to store library definitions for every project in a local file named "library.table.xml" (in the ../config/options folder) . Strangely enough, all the paths seem to be non-relative, and include the name of the drive the jars are stored in!

This would ruin any attempts for our developers to use intellij for the same project, mostly because the names of the drives could be different (as we use both linux and win2k operating systems).

I'd also like to know if there is any way to store the paths to the jars in a relative(i.e. to the location of the project) way, or is this simply not possible with the current version of intellij (the Ariadna project)?

About | Sitemap | Contact