If a remote session bean calls other Enitybeans that have local interfaces. will it use the local interface?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Douglas_Hammond
Posted On:   Friday, June 21, 2002 02:30 PM

If a remote session bean calls other Enitybeans that have local interfaces. will it use the local interface? I have my jboss server on one machine and my jsp server out in nowhere land. The jsp server accesses my EJB's, and the performance is horrible, I believe because all calls are over rmi. I want to know if local interfaces would speed things up, or if since the jsp server is on another server that the local interfaces would do nothing. I was hoping that the session been would use local interfaces then pass the results on the the jsp server using rmi. Does it work like that? I hope I clear enough.    More>>

If a remote session bean calls other Enitybeans that have local interfaces. will it use the local interface?

I have my jboss server on one machine and my jsp server out in nowhere land. The jsp server accesses my EJB's, and the performance is horrible, I believe because all calls are over rmi. I want to know if local interfaces would speed things up, or if since the jsp server is on another server that the local interfaces would do nothing.

I was hoping that the session been would use local interfaces then pass the results on the the jsp server using rmi.

Does it work like that?

I hope I clear enough.

<<Less

Re: If a remote session bean calls other Enitybeans that have local interfaces. will it use the local interface?

Posted By:   more_trust  
Posted On:   Sunday, June 23, 2002 02:47 AM

The SessionBean doesn't use the LocalInterfaces automatically, you have to lookup the EntityBeans in the SessionBean with the JNDI-Name of the LocalInterfaces (In JBoss 3.0 all LocalInterfaces are bound under local/BeanName) ... But it's faster to call one operation on the SessionBean which results in a sum of local calls on Entity Beans than many remote calls to the Entity Beans. Because if you use LocalInterfaces you have not the Serializiationoverhead.

moretrust
About | Sitemap | Contact