dcsimg
Failing self tests.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sarah_Barwig
Posted On:   Friday, June 21, 2002 12:37 PM

Hi, I have just downloaded junit3.7 and installed it. Then I ran the self-test suite. I have 1 failure out of 90 tests run. It fails in all 3 TestRunners (command line, awt, swing). I haven't introduced any of my own code into this situation, so I'm still in the "did I configure it all correctly?" phase. My environment: Win2k Professional Java sdk 1.4.0_01 Junit 3.7 My classpath is as follows: c:cygwinhomesbarwigjava;c:Documents and SettingssbarwigDesktopjunit3.7junit.jar;c:Documents and SettingssbarwigDesktopjunit3.7 My installation directory is: c:Documents and SettingssbarwigDesktopjunit3.7    More>>

Hi,

I have just downloaded junit3.7 and installed it. Then I ran the self-test suite. I have 1 failure out of 90 tests run. It fails in all 3 TestRunners (command line, awt, swing). I haven't introduced any of my own code into this situation, so I'm still in the "did I configure it all correctly?" phase.

My environment:

Win2k Professional

Java sdk 1.4.0_01

Junit 3.7

My classpath is as follows:

c:cygwinhomesbarwigjava;c:Documents and SettingssbarwigDesktopjunit3.7junit.jar;c:Documents and SettingssbarwigDesktopjunit3.7

My installation directory is:

c:Documents and SettingssbarwigDesktopjunit3.7

The output from the awt TestRunner on the error which caused the test failure is:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: junit.tests.LoadedFromJar
at junit.runner.TestCaseClassLoader.lookupClassData
(TestCaseClassLoader.java:124)
at junit.runner.TestCaseClassLoader.loadClass (TestCaseClassLoader.java:101)
at junit.tests.TestCaseClassLoaderTest.testJarClassLoading
(TestCaseClassLoaderTest.java:35)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

I looked through the doc/faq/faq.html which came with the download, and there was something about a ClassNotFoundException in 2 out of 3 runners, but I'm getting the same error in all 3, and I don't think that excluded.properties file fix applies here (but I could be quite wrong about that).

Did I get a bum download? Is there a simple fix that I need to perform? Any help would be appreciated. I've used junit on a previous project under Linux, but this is a) my first time installing it and integrating it with a build system and b) working in Windows on a java development project. So,
please, be gentle, and I'll probably be back for more help as I get further in to this project. But, they desperately need testing. Particularly if they want me to successfully refactor this pile of code.

Thanks,

Sarah

<<Less

Re: Failing self tests.

Posted By:   Sarah_Barwig  
Posted On:   Friday, June 21, 2002 04:30 PM

I post my solution for the benefit of the archives.

Unpack the junit3.7.zip into c: instead of onto the Desktop. Having a path with spaces in it, while legal in Windows, seems to make the java class loader unhappy, thus making that one test throw an error.

Sarah
About | Sitemap | Contact