How to manage transaction here..
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   satyendra_adhikari
Posted On:   Thursday, June 20, 2002 02:58 AM

Hello! i have a special problem for managing transactions.In my application a fixed quantity of certain items are listed for sale everyday.And all the registered customers have option to place order online.All customers hava a bank account number from where money is to be deducted.Typically following must be done before accepting a order.. 1)Check that the ordered quantity by customer is still available for sale. 2)Check that customer has sufficient money in his account (after calculating cost of order placed). 3)if both are ok then block the money in customer account (its simply transfering money to some pool account). 4)if blocking is ok deduct the purchased quantity from listed quantity and send ord   More>>

Hello!
i have a special problem for managing transactions.In my application a fixed quantity of certain items are listed for sale everyday.And all the registered customers have
option to place order online.All customers hava a bank account number from where money is to be deducted.Typically following must be done before accepting a order..
1)Check that the ordered quantity by customer is still
available for sale.
2)Check that customer has sufficient money in his account (after calculating cost of order placed).
3)if both are ok then block the money in customer account
(its simply transfering money to some pool account).
4)if blocking is ok deduct the purchased quantity from listed quantity and send order for approval(hence it is
important that ordered quantity is still available).

specially step 2 and 3 are networke operations and each typically take about 20 to 40 seconds.
I dont want to fully synchronize my code.As its a servlets based operation and i am expecting multiple requests.
can someone seasoned person help me how to handle things here..

thank you for your help and time

regards

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact