SSL through Proxy requiring Authorization: Socket closed
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Andy_Jefferies
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 18, 2002 09:04 AM

I'm attempting to connect through a proxy server that requires authorization over SSL, but get a SocketException: Socket closed. I've modified the code Java Tip 111: Implement HTTPS tunneling with JSSE to add BASIC authentication when CONNECTing to the proxy. I've tested against a shareware proxy (602Pro LAN Suite 2002) and it appeared fine. It would reject requests made with an incorrect/missing user:pass, and allow requests with a correct user:pass. However, using for real against a Microsoft ISA proxy, it rejects incorrect/missing user:pass with a suitable authorisation error, but a correct user:pass produces the SocketException when starting the SSL Handshake: sslSocket = (SSLSocket)factor   More>>

I'm attempting to connect through a proxy server that requires authorization over SSL, but get a SocketException: Socket closed.

I've modified the code Java Tip 111: Implement HTTPS tunneling with JSSE to add BASIC authentication when CONNECTing to the proxy. I've tested against a shareware proxy (602Pro LAN Suite 2002) and it appeared fine. It would reject requests made with an incorrect/missing user:pass, and allow requests with a correct user:pass.

However, using for real against a Microsoft ISA proxy, it rejects incorrect/missing user:pass with a suitable authorisation error, but a correct user:pass produces the SocketException when starting the SSL Handshake:

sslSocket = (SSLSocket)factory.createSocket(tunnel, host, port, true); // or false
sslSocket.startHandshake();

Has anybody had experience with Java and ISA? Has anybody had similar Socket closed exceptions? The exact exception is:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppOutputStream.write([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
at java.io.OutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])

Many thanks,

Andy.    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact