dcsimg
JSP problem: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   mick_wood
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 18, 2002 02:26 AM

I am using Tomcat 4.0.3 on Windows 2000 with JDK 1.3.1. Whenever Tomcat tries to translate a JSP, it comes up with HTTP Status 500. with root cause: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main I know this has come up a number of times before in this forum - I think my classpath is set correctly (I have no trouble using javac and java from command line and from IDEs), and I do have tools.jar in %TOMCAT_HOME%commonlib and %TOMCAT_HOME%serverlib, as suggested in various postings. So any further suggestions would be much appreciated. One other odd thing about my current setup which might be relevant is that Tomcat seems to get launched autmatically when I b   More>>

I am using Tomcat 4.0.3 on Windows 2000 with JDK 1.3.1.

Whenever Tomcat tries to translate a JSP, it comes up with HTTP Status 500. with root cause:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main

I know this has come up a number of times before in this forum - I think my classpath is set correctly (I have no trouble using javac and java from command line and from IDEs), and I do have tools.jar in %TOMCAT_HOME%commonlib and %TOMCAT_HOME%serverlib, as suggested in various postings.

So any further suggestions would be much appreciated.

One other odd thing about my current setup which might be relevant is that Tomcat seems to get launched autmatically when I boot up (so I don't have to start it using startup.bat or from the entry on the Start menu), and trying to shut it down (Stop Tomcat from the Run menu) doesn't have any effect - and yes I am pointing my browser at localhost, (and I am refreshing so it's not from the cache), not at the file!

Please help if you can!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact