401 when accessing Tomcat applications from outside my lan.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jeff_Gleason
Posted On:   Sunday, June 16, 2002 08:38 AM

I have just recently setup tomcat. A colleague of mine has an application running on the internet that needs to invoke a jsp or servlet that I have written, passing an audio file to for upload to my application server. Each time the remote application makes a http request to my jsp, it receives a 401 error in response. It is a simple "POST" request. For troubleshooting, I tried to serve a simple html "hello world" page. The same error occurred. This tells me that nothing from my app server is accessible to the outside world. I can successfully serve the jsp from inside my network but not outside. I can successfully serve html files from my Apache web server to the outside world as well. I have turned off my firewall, setup the app    More>>

I have just recently setup tomcat. A colleague of mine has an application running on the internet that needs to invoke a jsp or servlet that I have written, passing an audio file to for upload to my application server. Each time the remote application makes a http request to my jsp, it receives a 401 error in response. It is a simple "POST" request. For troubleshooting, I tried to serve a simple html "hello world" page. The same error occurred. This tells me that nothing from my app server is accessible to the outside world. I can successfully serve the jsp from inside my network but not outside. I can successfully serve html files from my Apache web server to the outside world as well. I have turned off my firewall, setup the app server in the DMZ, etc. It's a tomcat problem for sure. The application is ebiquity2 and here is the apps-ebiquity2.xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

docBase="webapps/ebiquity2"
reloadable="false" >

Here is the web.xml file in the ebiquity2/WEB-INF directory:

UploadServlet
UploadServlet

UploadServlet
/UploadServlet

Greatly appreciate any assistance on how to provide unrestricted access to this resource

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact