dcsimg
Need help with the scheduling mechanism
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Preeti_Lovekar
Posted On:   Sunday, June 16, 2002 02:11 AM

I use the jBoss application server 2.4 and have a situation like this - I have a date field in my database against every customer. Whenever the current date reaches the one stored for a customer, I am supposed to generate an invoice for that customer. Using the Scheduler service on jBoss ( or any other mechanism ) can I implement a system which can do this it ie. wait on a field in the table and when the current date equals any of the stored dates, notify the client and generate an invoice. The typical solution to this would be to schedule a check everyday and see if the current date matches any of the stored ones but this would create quite a performance issue if everyday all the records are going to be checked just to see if their date matches the   More>>

I use the jBoss application server 2.4 and have a situation like this - I have a date field in my database against every customer. Whenever the current date reaches the one stored for a customer, I am supposed to generate an invoice for that customer.
Using the Scheduler service on jBoss ( or any other mechanism ) can I implement a system which can do this it ie. wait on a field in the table and when the current date equals any of the stored dates, notify the client and generate an invoice.
The typical solution to this would be to schedule a check everyday and see if the current date matches any of the stored ones but this would create quite a performance issue if everyday all the records are going to be checked just to see if their date matches the current date.
Thanks in advance ! :)

<<Less

Re: Need help with the scheduling mechanism

Posted By:   Prabodh_Dubaka  
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 6, 2002 11:27 AM

Preeti,

Email me at prabodh@hotmail.com. I will let you know

Prabodh

Re: Need help with the scheduling mechanism

Posted By:   Ward_Harold  
Posted On:   Monday, June 24, 2002 01:09 PM

You can use the Timer service to send yourself a Notification at the appointed date. Then you would need to create a NotificationListener whose handleNotification() method knew how to send customer invoices.
About | Sitemap | Contact