dcsimg
XAResourceImpl.start() and XAException
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jason_Dillon
Posted On:   Friday, June 14, 2002 05:50 PM

Can someone with access to the SwiftMQ source please tell me under what conditions XAResourceImpl.start() would throw an XAException. I am still seeing warnings from JBoss like: 2002-04-20 00:18:48,757 135638 WARN org.jboss.tm.TxCapsule [JobRunner-0] (RequestSpooler) XAException: tx=XidImpl [FormatId=257, GlobalId=eng-ecr3a//7, BranchQual=] errorCode=XAER_RMERR javax.transaction.xa.XAException at com.swiftmq.jms.XAResourceImpl.start(XAResourceImpl.java:121) ...truncated... But I can not say why this happend... at all. Perhaps there is something special to look for in the logs or trace files? --jason    More>>

Can someone with access to the SwiftMQ source please tell me under what conditions XAResourceImpl.start() would throw an XAException.

I am still seeing warnings from JBoss like:

2002-04-20 00:18:48,757 135638 WARN org.jboss.tm.TxCapsule [JobRunner-0] (RequestSpooler) XAException: tx=XidImpl [FormatId=257, GlobalId=eng-ecr3a//7, BranchQual=] errorCode=XAER_RMERR
javax.transaction.xa.XAException
at com.swiftmq.jms.XAResourceImpl.start(XAResourceImpl.java:121)
...truncated...

But I can not say why this happend... at all. Perhaps there is something special to look for in the logs or trace files?

--jason

<<Less

Re: XAResourceImpl.start() and XAException

Posted By:   Jason_Dillon  
Posted On:   Friday, June 21, 2002 05:52 PM

This has been resolved. There was a bug in the JBoss XA TM, which was using TMSUCCESS instead of TMSUSPEND on delist().

This would have only been a problem if durring the same TX, after the client code had a reference to the connection, one or more EJB's were called (with Required at least, but I did not test other tx modes). When the EJB's method returned the connection was delisted (due to some over active delisting/enlisting inside of the JBoss3 container) and its state was set incorrectly, thus when it attempted to relist it thought it should TMJOIN instead of TMRESUME.

If no EJB's were called between the connection creation, connection close and tx commit then this bug would have never shown up.

This has been fixed in the latest CVS for HEAD and Branch_3_0.

Thanks for your patience. Your help allowed me (one who knows nothing about XA) to get this resolved.

--jason

Re: XAResourceImpl.start() and XAException

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Saturday, June 15, 2002 02:47 AM

It is something which is returned from the router. I would recommend to upgrade to 3.2.0. There're some changes in the client and XA. You can also view the Xid in clear text in 3.2.0.
About | Sitemap | Contact