dcsimg
Message Selectors in 3.2
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Alison_Kakoschke
Posted On:   Friday, June 14, 2002 01:17 AM

Hi Andreas, I've just made the update from V3.1 to V3.2. I have a test file that runs fine with V3.1. However, when I ran the test file with V3.2 no messages were sent. My test file uses subscribes with message selectors and when I set the selector to null, everything then works fine (with 3.2). I read in the changes for V3.2 something about selectors being changed and that they are now based on SQL grammar from Joram. I'm supposing that this is why my message selectors are no longer working. I've tried searching the Joram web site, but have come up with nothing. Not being SQL literate myself I was wondering if you could tell me the change that needs to be made (if indeed one does need to be made).    More>>

Hi Andreas,

I've just made the update from V3.1 to V3.2. I have a test file that runs fine with V3.1. However, when I ran the test file with V3.2 no messages were sent. My test file uses subscribes with message selectors and when I set the selector to null, everything then works fine (with 3.2).

I read in the changes for V3.2 something about selectors being changed and that they are now based on SQL grammar from Joram. I'm supposing that this is why my message selectors are no longer working. I've tried searching the Joram web site, but have come up with nothing. Not being SQL literate myself I was wondering if you could tell me the change that needs to be made (if indeed one does need to be made).

Thanks

Alison Kakoschke

<<Less

Re: Message Selectors in 3.2

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Friday, June 14, 2002 02:41 AM

The new 3.2. selectors are more compliant than the old one and thus also more restrictive. Can you post your problematic selector, please?

Thanks, Andreas
About | Sitemap | Contact