Does SwiftMQ v3.2.x run on Java 1.2.x?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Phillip_Barlow
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 12, 2002 11:15 PM

The company I am developing for has just purchased SwiftMQ v3.2.0. I have started testing it before commencing the upgrade of our users from SwiftMQ v2.x. I have found that, when using Sun's JDK1.2.2, a JIT error is thrown when I try to run the SwiftMQ router. The error printed to stderr is: A nonfatal internal JIT (3.10.107(x)) error 'chgTarg: Conditional' has occurred in : 'com/swiftmq/swiftlet/SwiftletManager.fireSwiftletManagerEvent (Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/swiftmq/swiftlet/event/SwiftletManagerEvent;)V': Interpreting method. Please report this error in detail to http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi A nonfatal internal JIT (3.10.107(x)) error 'chgTarg: Conditional' has occurred   More>>

The company I am developing for has just purchased SwiftMQ v3.2.0. I have started testing it before commencing the upgrade of our users from SwiftMQ v2.x.

I have found that, when using Sun's JDK1.2.2, a JIT error is thrown when I try to run the SwiftMQ router. The error printed to stderr is:

A nonfatal internal JIT (3.10.107(x)) error 'chgTarg: Conditional' has occurred in :
'com/swiftmq/swiftlet/SwiftletManager.fireSwiftletManagerEvent (Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/swiftmq/swiftlet/event/SwiftletManagerEvent;)V': Interpreting method.
Please report this error in detail to http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi

A nonfatal internal JIT (3.10.107(x)) error 'chgTarg: Conditional' has occurredin :
'com/swiftmq/swiftlet/trace/TraceSwiftlet.getTraceSpace (Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/swiftmq/swiftlet/trace/TraceSpace;': Interpreting method.
Please report this error in detail to http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi

java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: current thread not owner
at com.swiftmq.impl.auth.standard.AuthenticationSwiftletImpl.startup(AuthenticationSwiftletImpl.java:209)
at com.swiftmq.swiftlet.SwiftletManager.startUpSwiftlet(SwiftletManager.java:148)
at com.swiftmq.swiftlet.SwiftletManager.startKernelSwiftlets(SwiftletManager.java, Compiled Code)
at com.swiftmq.swiftlet.SwiftletManager.initSwiftlets(SwiftletManager.java, Compiled Code)
at com.swiftmq.swiftlet.SwiftletManager.startRouter(SwiftletManager.java, Compiled Code)
at com.swiftmq.Router.main(Router.java:17)
Exception during startup kernel swiftlet 'sys$authentication': current thread not owner

The router gets as far as printing this out to stdout:

Booting SwiftMQ 3.2.0 Production ...
... startup: Trace Swiftlet
... startup: Log Swiftlet
... startup: Authentication Swiftlet

Is this is a known issue/design decision for SwiftMQ v3.x?

<<Less

Re: Does SwiftMQ v3.2.x run on Java 1.2.x?

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 12, 2002 11:56 PM

SwiftMQ 3.2.0 requires a 1.3 JVM, mainly due to the shutdown hook it registers. You can disable this registration with

-Dswiftmq.shutdown.hook=false

I don't know about the JIT errors since we haven't tested it with a 1.2 JVM. May be it works if you disable the JIT.
About | Sitemap | Contact