Ordering of received messages
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Alison_Kakoschke
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 11, 2002 11:18 PM

Hi Andreas, I want to know if a client can assume that they will receive messages in the order in which they are sent. I have found that in certain cases this does not occur (when messages are sent at a rate much faster than they are processed at the receiving end). However, if the threadpool limits are changed for the jms consumer such that the maximum threads and minimum threads are set to 1 (rather than 5 which is the default) the messages are received in the order in which they were sent. Is this a valid action to take to solve this problem and are there any side-effects that could occur due to changing this setting? Should this action need to be taken or should the default thread pool setting work?    More>>

Hi Andreas,

I want to know if a client can assume that they will receive messages in the order in which they are sent.

I have found that in certain cases this does not occur (when messages are sent at a rate much faster than they are processed at the receiving end). However, if the threadpool limits are changed for the jms consumer such that the maximum threads and minimum threads are set to 1 (rather than 5 which is the default) the messages are received in the order in which they were sent. Is this a valid action to take to solve this problem and are there any side-effects that could occur due to changing this setting? Should this action need to be taken or should the default thread pool setting work?

Thanks

Alison Kakoschke

<<Less

Re: Ordering of received messages

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 12, 2002 12:57 AM

Alison,

did you got a notice that SwiftMQ 3.2.0 is out since last Monday? This new release doesn't use jms.consumer/producer pools anymore and has another much more efficient implementation of session handling.

SwiftMQ 3.2.0 Release Notes

SwiftMQ 3.2.0 Performance Profile

For your question: Yes, it is possible that one thread outruns the other prior to 3.2.0.

-- Andreas
About | Sitemap | Contact