dcsimg
: JMSAdmin tool - Websphere Application Server 4.01
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Deepika_Kesiraju
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 11, 2002 02:13 PM

To run JMS/MQ/Websphere, I modified JMSAdmin.config file in IBM/MQSeries/Java/bin to refer to "WsnInitialContextFactory" instead of CNInitialContextFactory as it's deprecated in Websphere 4.01. But the JMSAdmin tool does not support the WsnInitialContextFactory, so, I used CNIntialContextFactory as recommended in the Websphere documentation. That doesn't work either. Has somebody come across this problem> All I am trying to do is work with Websphere's naming repository via JMS Provider (MQ Series) When I run the JMSAdmin tool, It doesn't throw any exception at all. Instead of showing the prompt InitCtx, It just waits. Any help is appreciated. Tha   More>>

To run JMS/MQ/Websphere, I modified JMSAdmin.config file in
IBM/MQSeries/Java/bin to refer to "WsnInitialContextFactory" instead
of CNInitialContextFactory as it's deprecated in Websphere 4.01. But
the JMSAdmin tool does not support the WsnInitialContextFactory, so,
I used CNIntialContextFactory as recommended in the Websphere
documentation. That doesn't work either.
Has somebody come across this problem> All I am trying to do is work
with Websphere's naming repository via JMS Provider (MQ Series)

When I run the JMSAdmin tool, It doesn't throw any exception at all.
Instead of showing the prompt InitCtx, It just waits.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

<<Less

Re: : JMSAdmin tool - Websphere Application Server 4.01

Posted By:   Nicholas_Whitehead  
Posted On:   Friday, July 12, 2002 04:23 PM

Deepika

I am not sure what version of WebSphere you are using, but sometime after 3.5, the JNDI service is no longer persistent. This means that all the entries you save to JNDI will be lost when WebSphere recycles. This would be bad since you would have to go through the pain and torture of using JMSAdmin every time you recycle WebSphere. I thought that in WebSphere 4.01, you configured MQSeries JMS Admin objects in the application server seperately and the App Server creates the JMS admin objects at startup time and loads them into JNDI.

Or, you could consider using a persistent JNDI service like LDAP. In that case, your JMSAdmin.config file would have a factory looking something like com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.

//Nicholas

Re: : JMSAdmin tool - Websphere Application Server 4.01

Posted By:   Boaz_Inbal  
Posted On:   Thursday, July 11, 2002 01:00 AM

InitCtx promt is OK, it is running!
Now you can start configuring the JNDI and connect the MQ queues to the App. Server queues using JMSAdmin
About | Sitemap | Contact