How do I make references from struts template tag to resources from another war
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Adam_Soong
Posted On:   Monday, June 10, 2002 09:40 AM

I'm using struts template tag to put a template into a jsp using resources from another web application with a different uri context running on the same web server. I've tried to assign both absolute and relative URL's to the content attribute. This is the tag I put in my jsp with "codes" being the uri context of a second web app: With this tag I get file not found errors. I've played with variations of the URL path by using assorted combinations of ".." and "/". I also tried absolute URL as indicated in the following tag: This tag generates a message indicating the jsp could   More>>

I'm using struts template tag to put a template into a jsp using resources from another web application with a different uri context running on the same web server. I've tried to assign both absolute and relative URL's to the content attribute.

This is the tag I put in my jsp with "codes" being the uri context of a second web app:

With this tag I get file not found errors. I've played with variations of the URL path by using assorted combinations of ".." and "/". I also tried absolute URL as indicated in the following tag:

This tag generates a message indicating the jsp could not compile. Anyone have ideas on what to do? Adam

<<Less

Re: How do I make references from struts template tag to resources from another war

Posted By:   Adam_Soong  
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 11, 2002 07:45 AM

Further note on this problem. After more digging around I discovered that my problem may be a limitation of jsp include. I tried running a test jsp page that includes a jsp from another webapp context. The same errors happen. Jsp include does not allow resources from one context to be used by another webapp. It also does not allow a full url path to be assigned in the tag attributes.
About | Sitemap | Contact