dcsimg
Strange network behavior
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Michael_Briggs
Posted On:   Friday, June 7, 2002 09:16 AM

We are experiencing strange behavior with SwiftMQ. We have a box that is connected to a network. A SwiftMQ Router (Version 3.2.0 eval) is installed on this machine. A client program that connects to the router also resides on this machine (in a separate VM). The client only uses Topics (no queues are used). No external communication is made to anything on the network. When I disconnect the client machine from the network (I pull the wire out of the NIC), I receive the following exception (via the exception listener on the connection): javax.jms.JMSException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket input stream read at com.swiftmq.jms.ConnectionImpl.run(Con   More>>

We are experiencing strange behavior with SwiftMQ.

We have a box that is connected to a network. A SwiftMQ Router (Version 3.2.0 eval) is installed on this machine. A client program that connects to the router also resides on this machine (in a separate VM). The client only uses
Topics (no queues are used). No external communication is made to anything on the network.

When I disconnect the client machine from the network (I pull the wire out of the NIC), I receive the following exception (via the exception listener on the connection):

javax.jms.JMSException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket input stream read
at com.swiftmq.jms.ConnectionImpl.run(ConnectionImpl.java:281)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Why is SwiftMQ shutting down the local connections?

Is this behavior configurable? If so, how?

Is the behavior the same for the ASF swiftlet when integrating with an App Server?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

-Michael Briggs

NovaPlex Technologies, Inc.

MichaelB@novaplex.com

<<Less

Re: Strange network behavior

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Friday, June 7, 2002 10:46 AM

It seems that your JMS listener is bound to the IP of the network card, not to the 127.0.0.1 loop back device. Thus your client connects via the card. May be it's interrupted then if you pull the cable (the whole card isn't connected then). If you only like to connect from a local client, just create a new JMS listener with a bindaddress attribute of 127.0.0.1.
About | Sitemap | Contact