dcsimg
Bean gives errors when I save it.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Paul_Tomblin
Posted On:   Thursday, June 6, 2002 10:50 AM

I have a class "ScreenDay", which is a subclass of "SDComponent", which is a subclass of JPanel. It includes several other subclasses of SDComponent inside it. I recently did some changes to SDComponent, and now whenver I do "Save Bean" or "Regenerate Code", it tells me The width property of the ScreenDay bean cannot be set. A set method is required to set an initial value for this property. Remove the initial property setting from the property editor of this bean. The startTime property of the ScreenDay bean cannot be set. A set method is required to set an initial value for this property. Remove the initial property setting from the property editor of this bean. I'd love    More>>

I have a class "ScreenDay", which is a subclass of "SDComponent", which is a subclass of JPanel. It includes several other subclasses of SDComponent inside it. I recently did some changes to SDComponent, and now whenver I do "Save Bean" or "Regenerate Code", it tells me

The width property of the ScreenDay bean cannot be set. A set method is required to set an initial value for this property. Remove the initial property setting from the property editor of this bean.
The startTime property of the ScreenDay bean cannot be set. A set method is required to set an initial value for this property. Remove the initial property setting from the property editor of this bean.

I'd love to "remove the initial property settings from the property editor of this bean", except for one little problem - those properties aren't show in the property editor (even with "Show expert features" checked), and they don't show up when I click "Reset..." in the property editor. So how the hell am I supposed to remove it?

I already tried replacing the ide.icx, and removing the ScreenDay from the project and then re-importing the code. That only changed it to whining about a different problem. Before it died every time I tried to open ScreenDay, or if I used "Open To->Source" it would die when I chose the "Visual Composition" tag, and it would give me the message

An exception occurred in a system program.
Terminating ScreenDay (VCE) (System) (6/5/2002 5:04:41 PM)

This is better, but it's still not exactly enhancing my productivity.    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact